The ELFIE project has performed surveys oriented to Teachers and Students. The aim was to define the real use of E-learning in schools and the expectations users express about the e-learning and the way to improve contents and the way it is being used at their schools.
With the design of the survey a SWOT anlaysis was created of the before information. The information that was collected with these surveys serves as a base for a SWOT analysis afterwards. This second SWOT analysis focuses on the current situation and in the ways e-learning materials could be improved, and it will the ELFIE partners with next steps that need to be taken in this project to achieve the goal.
The target group for the survey contained students from 16 years – 28 years old (61 started the survey), their school teachers (26 started the survey).
The type of information being gathered included:
- Results/impressions of what has been used
- Foreseen needs or desirable functionality or characteristics
- Level of satisfaction with what has been used
The analysis was performed in two phases, having a "Before Situation" preliminary analysis, which helped in the design of the survey and was used as a reference during the final SWOT analysis, arisen from the surveys results.
This SWOT Analysis will provide a basic guideline to select materials for the project and it contains:
- Strengths of e-learning in the current situation
- Weaknesses of e-learning in the current situation
- Opportunities for e-learning in the future develop
- Threats for e-learning in the future develop
Here you can dowload the complete "ELFIE: Swot Analysis"